Our five star Shire Horse Experience Days are designed to give participants the basic information on harnessing and driving a heavy horse with plenty of hands on activity. The day runs at our premises in the Shropshire Hills AONB, SY6 6NP.
It is a perfict gift for someone special or addition to your holiday in Shropshire.
The day runs from 10AM-4PM with activities including:
- Explanation of the different types of harness used for heavy horse
- Harnessing the horse
- Driving using plough harness (usually pulling logs)
- Driving using cart harness (pulling a cart or dray)
- A maximum of three participants allows for plenty of hands on opportunity to harness and drive a horse.
- The activities of the day are not too demanding, but reasonable physical ability is required.
We recommend warm clothing and suitable footwear.
£ 150.00 per person
£ 280.00 per couple
The cost includes tea/coffee and a light lunch.
You may bring a guest/spectator to accompany you on your day.
We charge £ 30.00 for this which includes tea/coffee and light lunch.
A non-refundable deposit of £ 30 per person is required on booking.
The balance is due one week before the Experience Day.
If you wish to purchase an Experience Day as a gift, we can provide a Gift Voucher.
Full payment is due when the voucher is issued and is valid for 12 months.
In the unlikely event of the day being cancelled by ourselves due to unforseen circumstances, a full refund will be given or where possible another day will be arranged.